Our Mahwah hotel is proud to offer 13 PURE® Allergy Friendly Rooms designed specifically for guests with allergies or asthma. Surfaces are specially treated and air is continually circulated and purified, drastically reducing irritants that could keep you from resting comfortably. Contaminants are drastically reduced by several features, including a sanitized, filtered air-conditioning unit, soft-surface treatments, and PURE Shield™, a barrier that repels microorganisms such as bacteria and mold. PURE rooms can help you get a great night’s sleep and awake feeling completely refreshed so you can enjoy your stay.
PURE Rooms has designed a way to remove 99% of allergens from guest rooms by implementing seven steps for us to follow to be certified as a "PURE" room.
1. Clean and sanitize air handling unit.
2. Install Tea Tree Oil cartridge in air handling unit to keep unit clean
3. Clean all soft surfaces to remove dirt, bacteria & mold spores
4. Apply PURESHIELD, bacteriostatic shield that repels microorganisms
5. 4-hour one-time shock treatment to remove lingering odors
6. Install hypo-allergenic mattress & pillow encasements for dust and dustmitePURE Blue Logo allergens
7. Install air-purification system that is recognized by FDA as a class II medical device
8. ADDITIONALLY: room is recertified every 6 months to ensure PURE integrity
What does that mean to you?
- Fresh air
- Fewer germs
- Feeling of security & peace
- Increased comfort
- Better night's rest
- Unique environment